I came across this lovely recipe on facebook this week. Sorry I have not been able to find the original post 🙁 ( I really MUST learn to click “save” on these posts )
Anyway the recipe was for Turkey Mince burgers with Feta and Pesto. I thought they sounded nice, but did not think too much about it.
When we were out shopping this week I noticed that Turkey Mince was on sale for $5.00 for a 500g tray. $10per kilo is the upper limit we like to spend on meat normally, but we thought we would try it.
They were really tasty. The cost was not too bad either.
Turkey Mince $2.50 Half of the pack $5.00 (500g)
Basil Pesto $0.50 About quarter of the jar $1.95 (150g)
Feta $1.50 Half the pack $3.00 (250g)
Bread Rolls $0.66 1/3 of the pack $2.00 (Pk of 6)
Salad approx $1.00 ( I had baby spinach, tomato and capsicum in the fridge)
Onion & Mushroom $0.50
TOTAL for 2 burgers $6.66
I hope you enjoy them as much as we did. Let me know in the contents if you try these.
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Onion - sliced
- Medium Mushrooms - sliced
- 250 grams Turkey Mince
- 2 tablespoons Basil Pesto
- 60 grams Feta Cheese crumbled into pea sized pieces
- Bread Rolls
- 1 Salad to serve.
- Mix together the Turkey Mince, Pesto and Feta. Form into patties and refrigerate for 10 mins or so to firm up.
- Heat a frying pan and saute the onion and mushroom.
- Add the burger patties and fry for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Grill the buns if you like and fill with whatever salad and condiments you prefer.
- Add the cooked burger patties and top with onion and mushroom.